This is the original Crispin Coach House now Bluebell House.
In 1815 the landlord was James Stephens. William Grace, a yeoman stood surety by way of recognizance for a Licence to run the common ale house in the sum of £10.00. In 1848 the landlord was Thomas Webb. John Devonall in 1867 was in occupation of the property, at a rental of £30.00. The Inn and house being £20.00 p.a. and £10.00 rental for the land. Total repairs estimated at £5.00. The total barrels sold in 1857 were 211 and in 1885 there were 159 barrelssold.
In 1887 John Baker is listed as mine host offering ‘good accommodation for beanfeasts, tea parties and travellers’. In 1894 there was a transfer of tenancy from John Baker to William Jones.
In 1901 George Oliver Mellhuish was landlord at a rental of £14.11.1. (See photograph)
Oxley’s Directory of 1925 lists Mrs. Maude Thompson as the landlady. From 1927 – 1929 Henry Albert Harris took over the tenancy.
The building stopped being a public house in 1931 when Courage sold it as a private dwelling. The original beer cellars and pantry remained in the basement until 1998 when the previous owners reclaimed them as living areas.
The house name was changed to Bluebell House in 2000, named after the bluebells which grow on the bank outside the Windsor Room every May.
The present owners, Barbara and Timothy Martin bought the Guest House in May 2006 and have made significant improvement since that time.